We are looking for a talented writer to create various types of content for different platforms. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills. You will plan, produce, and analyze the written content you and our team create. You will help build our editorial calendar and written guidelines, as well as determine sources for content both internally and externally. You will be responsible for compiling marketing proposals for clients.
You will manage email campaigns to our customers and create written content for clients’ emails. The days of blasts and spamming are over. Instead, you will provide incremental value and nudge leads towards a sale in a way that feels more organic. You need to know or be able to discover the right types of content to send to the correct people at the right time, both for lead nurturing and to boost the sharing and forwarding of our content-driven emails.
You will be responsible for identifying and executing opportunities to improve our company’s and client’s search rankings. Your responsibilities will extend to creating SEO plans for our clients as well as implementing the strategies.
Your responsibilities will also include being our social media content manager. You will grow our followers, engage and retain them, and help convert them into leads, customers, and active fans and promoters of our company. You must have command of best practices and trends in social media marketing, enjoy being creative, and understand how to both build and convert a digital audience. You may also be asked to create a network of freelancers and go-to influencers in our industry.Responsibilities:
- Create 1-2 free resources each month to drive leads, subscribers, awareness, and/or other important metrics (examples include ebooks, whitepapers, infographics, guides, etc.).
- Create a weekly marketing newsletter for our clients.
- Grow our email subscriber base by providing them regular, helpful content that’s in-tune with their needs.
- Collaborate with designers, sales, external influencers, and industry experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and our audience.
- Convince others that your creative ideas are worth investing time and effort in.
- Build our editorial calendar and written guidelines.
- Determine sources for content creation, both internally and externally.
- Serve as an exemplary writer, consistent with our company’s tone and mission. You should write clean, concise, and well-polished copy.
- Edit content produced by your teammates, including conceptualizing the projects upfront and copy-editing prior to publishing.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and customer challenges in order to build a more effective editorial calendar.
- Grow and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and potentially additional channels (Snapchat, Instagram, etc.).
- Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to spread our brand, content, and links.
- Listen and engage in relevant social discussion about our company, competitors, and/or industry, both from existing customers and leads and from brand new audiences that don’t yet know us.
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence.
- Manage both on-site and off-site SEO for our company.
- Manage our organic search engine performance and goal-setting based on site impressions, clickthrough rates, traffic, and conversions.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and changes with SEO and major search engines.
- Manage and build various email lists and campaigns, calls-to-action, and content used in the email campaigns.
- Segment lists based on behaviors like past email engagement and website interactions (content downloads, site page visits, etc.).
- Measure results and optimize the nurture tracks for these segments to convert leads to customers.
- Work to minimize list decay and unsubscribes while increasing the productivity of our email sends.
- Develop documentation and road maps for processes, A/B tests, and promotions that succeed through email.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience.
- A dual-minded approach: You’re highly creative and an excellent writer but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions.
- Excellent attention to detail both for copy editing and consistency in style and tone across our content.
- Active and well-rounded personal presence on social media, with a command of each network and their best practices.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Team player that wants constructive criticism
Bonus experience and skills include Adobe Creative Suite, demand generation marketing, inbound marketing, and blogging.Benefits
The Company offers full-time employees both company supplemented and voluntary benefits. You are eligible for benefits after your first 90 days and upon your 1 year anniversary. A snapshot of current benefits is outlined below.
- Holiday and Vacation Time: Exchange Media Group observes 7 paid holidays (New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, the Day after Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day). Exchange Media Group gives employees a paid day off for their Birthday! Employees become eligible for holiday pay and birthday time off after their first 90 days of employment.
- PTO: Years of Service - 0-23 Months receive 15 Days per year; 24-59 Months receive 20 Days per year; 60+ Months receive 25 days per year
Exchange Media Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
- Insurance: Full-time employees may participate in a medical insurance plan offered through the company. The Company pays 60% of the monthly premium for the employee. Each employee pays the first $2,250 of their deductible; the company pays the next $1000; the employee pays the remainder of the $5,500 deductible.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: You may participate in a 401(k) plan. After your first year of employment, the company will match 100% of your contribution of 3% of your income and 50% of your contribution of 4% and 5% of your income.
- Savings Plan - You can have money deducted from your pay each week that goes into a savings plan that earns 2.6% interest per annum. You can put as little as $5 per week, keep the total of your savings balance to a maximum of $5,000, take out money a minimum of every six weeks.
- We do not like to change benefits or compensation structure but Exchange Media Group does reserve the right to alter all items.